As you’ve probably noticed, every important conference in our industry – from RecBuzz to TAtech and beyond – has gone virtual this year due to the pandemic. Well, surprise – so has the Jobg8 North American Summit. They’re calling it the Jobg8 iSummit – it’s a virtual version of the usual live conference, a bit condensed and edited for online consumption. Why am I so interested in letting you know? Ahem – I’ve spent many months earlier in the year gathering speakers (and topics) for the conference – so you could say I have a vested interest!
Did I mention that it’s free? No? Well, it is – click here to register (be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page for the form). It will run 3 days – June 23-25.
So who is speaking and what will you learn if you attend? Check it out:
- Mikhil Raja of Sonic Jobs is digging into the impact of COVID-19 on blue-collar jobseekers and what happens next.
- John Nurthen of Staffing Industry Analysts will be taking a look at the landscape of the workforce solutions ecosystems – and finding some opportunities amidst the chaos.
- Stephen Anderson of Crooton is talking about geo-fencing – what it is and how it can help in the recruitment process.
- Heather Bussing of Bussing Law will dig into the legal issues of using AI in recruiting – what to watch out for and what you need to know.
- Reena Gupta of MomsRelaunch will talk about her experiences in launching a site to support a group of workers that are often overlooked.
- Keren Douek of ShelleyBot will examine how chatbots can make a difference in recruiting by engaging candidates.
- Angela Hood of ThisWayGlobal will discuss how data diversity impacts you – and why it matters.
- Katie Mehnert of Pink Petro will talk about the challenges (and rewards) of promoting diversity in an ‘old school’ industry.
- Chad Sowash (yes, that Chad!) will moderate a panel of investment experts: Andy Hibel of HigherEdJobs, Rene Lewandowski of Droit, and Colin Lestrange of BTIG. Their topic? Investing in job boards – something I suspect everyone will find interesting!
Most of these sessions are 30 minutes – just long enough to cover the subject, but not so long as to make you nod off after a working lunch! Louise Grant of Jobg8 will be (as always) guiding the event, occasionally aided by yours truly. I hope you can take a bit of time out of your day to join us!
[Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.].